- Location Peterborough
- Salary Dependent on experience
- Posted on 14/09/18
- Closing date
Cook Supervisor – Peterborough
We have an exciting opportunities for experienced Cook Supervisors within 3 local primary schools in the Northamptonshire area. The roles prepare fresh food in accordance with abm catering standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensure quality food service is provided at all times. You will be responsible for the smooth running of the kitchen, restaurant and other catering services on site. With the support of a catering team you will be responsible for the day to day running of the business with the support of the team on site, monitoring catering sales, weekly stock takes and controlling budget planning and implementation; ensuring health and safety procedures are carried out and promoting the catering facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing quality food items in accordance with standardised recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serve/prepare meals for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
- Supporting the team to keep refrigerators and storerooms clean and tidy. Ensure food and supply items are stored correctly.
- To ensure daily bookwork and temperature records are kept to required standards.
- Managing ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of food allergies as well planning menus the own menus; an understanding of food hygiene and health and safety issues; hold a level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate; experience of working in the catering industry and managing staff. It is essential for candidates to be able to cook to a high standard and provide direction and on the job training to other staff. It would be beneficial for candidates to have previous budgetary experience and responsibility and the ability to train other staff to cook to a high standard.
- Previous supervisor experience and all of the above
- Highly reliable
- Good leader as well as team player
Appointments are subject to an enhanced certificate from the DBS.
To apply please forward a CV and cover letter stating which position you are applying for.
*Please refrain from contacting the schools about the positions as they are unable to answer any enquirers and any application made via the school will be discarded. Applications should only be made by clicking the apply button below thank you.*Apply for this role