- Location Balham
- Salary Dependent on experience
- Posted on 21/12/18
- Closing date
Assistant Chef – Balham
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Chef in the area. The role prepares fresh food in accordance with abm catering standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times. You will be assisting in ensuring the smooth running of the kitchen, restaurant and other catering services on site. With the support of a catering team you will assist in the day to day running of the business with the support of the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparing quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty.
- Supporting the team with keeping refrigerators and storerooms clean and tidy. Ensuring food and supply items are stored correctly
- To ensure daily bookwork and temperature records are kept to required standards.
- Assist in managing orders and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of food allergies as well an understanding of food hygiene and health and safety issues; hold a level 2 Food Hygiene Certificate; experience of working in the catering industry and managing staff. It is essential for candidates to be able to cook to a high standard and provide direction and on the job training to other staff.
- Previous manger experience and all of the above
- Highly reliable
- Good leader as well as team player
Appointment is subject to an enhanced certificate from the DBS.
To apply please forward a CV and Cover letterApply for this role